Saturday, January 29, 2005

17) Day 2 after Chemo...

Ok, so I'm relatively alive enough to post. Things went pretty well on thursday with my second treatment. My first of 4 cycles is now complete. My white blood cell count was really strong and I seemed to handle the chemo really well. I stayed on top of my anti-nauseau meds so I haven't really felt sick. Friday I got my Nuelasta shot but had predosed some Aleve so that didn't bother me too much. Today I am weakest but still so much better than last time. I've been dosing the Aleve and vicodine for my pain but I'm still a little achey. I have barely enough energy to catch up on all my emails and post here.

My mom and sister have been such godsends to Rene and I. We can't thank them enough for their generous and hard work. Yesterday before my shot, we stopped at a "boutique for women with cancer" and mom bought me a wig (sooooo generous of her!!). Its a Faye - color Cherry Glaze. Its so cute and so similar to my hair I've had for years. Tuesday I go in to have bangs cut into it. All of this couldn't have happened any sooner as my hair is now falling out in boat loads. Tomorrow night we're going to shave all my hair off and my darling husband says he's going to shave his head with me. I have to do a mohawk first though, just because I can!! I'll make sure to take pics of my punked out style and post it. I'll also post pics of the wigged out me once that gets fitted properly.

That's it for now...floating along in a vicodine trance. To Sarah and Maureen, I hope your treatments went well and you are getting all the love and support that you need! Thank you to everyone for all your love!!

3 comments:

Maureen McHugh said...

Heather, I am doing well! I'm glad you started with the Aleve before the pain--I think that's half the secret. Not letting it get too far ahead.

Enjoy the vicodin, and post pictures of your mohawk and your wig! And hello to your sister and mom!

Unknown said...

Hey Heather! Glad to hear you're doing better this time. And good job on being pain-proactive!

Hey, and thanks a lot for that mohawk idea -- once I told Lorraine about it, I ended up agreeing to the same plan myself! She is SO excited!

Stephanie said...

I am glad treatment #2 went well. Congrats on completing cycle 1. Before you know it cycle 2 will be over too.

I hope you plan on posting a picture of the mohawk. I would love to see it.

Take care!