Monday, January 17, 2005

11) Aaaahhhh! Heartburn!!

Okay, so I'm having the most insane nuclear heartburn in the world!! Seriously, this is crazy. It has to have something to do with my bone pain in my chest because all my nausea is gone.

Today was pretty good for my first day back to work after chemo. I had a great appointment with my biopsy doctor. He gave me a hug as I left and wished me well. He told me he was even going to "check out my new doctor to make sure he was good enough for me." :)

Then I was off to work...it was an abnormal day at the office as there was a district meeting in house all day so it was a little distracting. No biggy. I got a good grasp on my projects and was welcomed back by my coworkers warmly.

My port has been bothering me the past couple of days, I think I'm going to call those folks tomorrow and have them take a look at it.

I also think I'm going to call my oncologist to ask about bone pain meds, better/different nausea meds (for next time), and most importantly some sleeping pills. I think that's why I'm struggling to get back to normal is that I'm not getting a good night's sleep. Tossing & turning sucks!

Thank you to everyone for posting and sending me your love! It means so much to me to see your kind words!!

1 comment:

Maureen McHugh said...

Heather,

Thanks for your post on my blog! We Hodgkin's girls have got to stick together.

My doctor said to call immediately--not wait for an appointment--about things like nausea so I think you should give your doctor a call about heartburn and nausea.

The bone-pain/lack of sleep thing drove me crazy. I had arm and shoulder pain from the chemo (no shots for white blood count) and dreaded it more than anything because it would wake me up in the middle of the night. But mine has subsided now. Fatigue has set in and now I can sleep anytime, anywhere.