Friday, January 21, 2005

15) Everybody's working for the weekend...

Whooppie!! Its Friday and I actually feel the most normal I've felt since before chemo. Mild and very managable heratburn today. Period slowed also. Rene's working late tonight so I'm finishing things up at work and heading home to my doggies.

As for the past week...Tuesday night I ended up in the ER with excrutiating pain. They doped me up and sent me home to sleep it off. Wednesday I felt mildly better but was very tired and had to go to my final dentist appointment. Thursday was my blood work at the cancer center and an appointment with the NP. I cried a lot but got some really valuable support. My nurse, Rachael, took my blood and gave me meds (for red blood cell boost) all the while making me laugh and forget why I was there. I've decided to change all my chemo treatments to Thursdays since she doesn't work Fridays and I need her on my team.

I'm starting to get a grip on my workload and by doing a little work from home this weekend I should get myself caught up in time for chemo again.

Deedra (my sister-in-law) is coming over tomorrow to help me out around the house but I'll probably make us quit by lunch time so we can eat & maybe see a movie :)

Hope all my Hodgkin's friends are feeling as good as I am right now. The one thing we must not loose sight of is..."this too shall pass". Three days ago I thought I would never feel this good again.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, Heather!! I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better! (That emergency room visit is worrisome, but we won't dwell on that.)

And GOOD CALL on the "scheduling for Rachael" thing -- it's wonderful that you have that support, so you should definitely set yourself up to take advantage of it!

Great news. :)

Anonymous said...

Heather: I'm so glad you're feeling almost back to normal. I'm reading the book "Only When I Sleep" and I'm almost through. Really good...I can hardly put it down. Amazing how close it parallels what you are going through. I've been talking to your mom every day for an update on you. I'll call you this weekend now that I know you're feeling strong again.
Loads of love,
Your Aunt Joan

Maureen McHugh said...

Heather!

I'm so sorry to hear you ended up in the ER, but I certainly understand. My Wednesday night was bad, too, and I thought about going to the ER. It's amazing what pain does.

But like you, I feel good today. And I appreciate it so much. Thanks for your comment in my blog. When I read your post (after I read your comment) I felt, 'Ah, there's someone who really understands.'

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,
Teri sent me your site and I just wanted to let you know that all of us here in Michigan are thinking about you and praying for you. You're SO AWESOME! Stay strong and say Hi to Rene and your little ones at home for me! Love, Tina

Anonymous said...

Hey you, I really enjoyed our visit on Saturday, you are really a great lady. I could kill you for doing so but thank you for the Gas and the wonderful sandwich. Remember it is ok to let others do things for you as you do things for others, don't let them miss out on that wonderful feeling. Hope Thursday goes smooth and not many side effects. Know that I think of you often, call me anytime. Love you sister, Deedra