Saturday, February 19, 2005

21) Starting the up swing...finally

So this week has been kind of a struggle. I've been plagued by gastrointestinal madness. I went in to do my weekly blood work on thursday and ended up talking with a Marraige & Family Therapist at the cancer center. She was awesome and I was shocked at how much I really do need someone to talk to. She thought some couples sessions with Rene & I was really mandatory too, so hopefully we'll be seeing her together next week. My blood work was pretty much the same but I made an appointment to see Patty the NP for my GI stuff the following day. Thursday night I had the absolutelt worst night of sleep. My stomach was aching so bad all night I tossed and turned, looking at the clock at almost hour intervals. Needless to say, Friday I woke up feeling like shit. Rene drove me to the center for my appt with Patty. I talked with her about everything and what meds I can try to relieve this discomfort now and next time. I have also developed a rash in the shape of a small round band-aid right where the small round band-aid covered up my nuelasta shot last friday. She wasn't quite sure about that but suggested that I not get a band-aid next time and see what happens. But, on the way home I started to notice the same type of rash creeping up on my fingers, specifically on my knuckles. Its itchy! I hate itchy!! I pretty much felt like shit the rest of the day. Took a nap for a while and then watched tv. Rene and I went to see a movie just before the dinner crowd. He was worried I wouldn't make it through, but I managed. We saw "Million Dollar Baby" and it was so moving! It took everything inside of me not to make sobbing sounds while I cried. I know I wasn't alone because I distinctly heard someone else slip with their sobs. I was all for Jamie Foxx winning the oscar but if Clint takes it I won't be disappointed. That's about all for now. Hopefully over the next couple of days I will be feeling back to my old self.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hola heather - I'm so sorry all these irritants are showing up!! I´m wondering if the MFT is the one they gave us the card for when we were there and if she's covered on insurance or sliding scale. Either way, I'm really happy you like her and that both of you guys can go - let me know if you need help with it. Remember also, the girl at the desk wrote another name on a piece of paper and said that therapist was "worth her weight in gold" and that she worked on a sliding scale - well your scale should be pretty low now.

Hang in there and you can call me at my house here. Holly will tell you how. The number is 51-6-63-03. Just say: Esta Jocelyn en la casa?

Have a restful weekend! LOVE YOU:

Teri said...

I saw "Million Dollar Baby" too and I, like you, was sobbing as well. So much so that I walked out of the theatre with my head hung low so no one would see how red and watery my eyes were. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! Just keep hanging in there... you're real strong! Just thinking about you! :-) Veronica

Unknown said...

Hey Heathergirl! Just checking in to see how today went. Chemo # 4!!! We're 1/3 done!!! (I love that jump from 1/4 to 1/3 -- it seems so huge to me!)

I'm feeling rather crappy, but you can read all about that on my blog. I just wanted to send you love, hugs, and air-kisses.

MWAH!

Your Sister in Hogkins,

Sarah