Monday, February 14, 2005

20) Happy Valentine's Day

So this time around has been sooooo much better than my previous treatments.
For starters, last thursday was chemo day. Rene and I brought the laptop so we could watch a movie (Half Baked) and we eneded up laughing our way through treatment. I didn't even realize I was getting medicated. Treatment was a breeze, in and out in 3 hours. Mom showed up that night and we went out to chineese food (of course I only had rice & cream cheese wontons).

Friday I went in for my nuelasta shot and stayed for a few hours to get some hydration and ativan. I was feeling much better by the time we got through all the rush hour traffic and got home.

Saturday I woke up aching all over. Even my boobs were hurting - I don't get it - I don't have bones in my boobs! It even hurt to get a hug. I felt like a kind of comic book character or X-men whose mutation was that they couldn't have touch. It really kind of sucked but as long as I wasn't touching anything I felt fine. I seemed to eat pretty regularly all day too.

Sunday I was craving a salad from CPK so we went to the mall. Sure enough, the salad totally hit the spot. We shopped for a little bit and then went to the beach. We saw a $3.6 million open house and decided to take a look. It was so cool - I love doing that kind of stuff and so does mom. Rene was probably a little embarrassed but oh well, when else do you get to see the inside of a house like that? On the way home I just about passed out in the car. By the time we got home I could barely function. I layed on the sofa and passed out COLD for almost 2 hours. The whole weekend I started to get this mouth thing happening. It felt like a combo of pain and tingling and numbness running down my tongue. It was pretty miserable but tolerable since that and fatigue were all I was feeling. Mom left last night and is now in Mexico for the next 4 weeks (yikes). I found out that my mouth thing is thrush (a yeast infection of the mouth) and I got some meds that are already working.

I went to work today but was pretty exhausted by the time I got home. Rene got me some beautiful stargazer lilies and made me a the yummiest macaroni & cheese from scratch. All while I took an amazing bath with candles and my book. I took an ativan & vicodine and watched fear factor - it was a good night. I've been pretty constipated since treatment but am hoping to relieve that with some Phillip's tonight.

To make a long story short...I'm dealing. No ups, no downs, just dealing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, just learned about sound or vibrational healing and thought I send you the info on the site. Hope you received it, if not, here is her website sharryedwards.com. I know someone who flew to NY to get a treatment.Hang in there! Love, Ute

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie, Clare and Bonnie Whitaker here. Remember me, Clare, you took me down an advanced skiers only run the first time I ever skied!!!! I guess there is no better way to learn but to bounce right in there...I am so terribly sorry to hear this news, but it sounds like you have a wonderful attitude and support group around you. You are in our prayers and thoughts , and if you need anything, or just someone to talk, or a listening ear, please don't hesitate to call us. 925-339-3392 is my #, and mom is 209-951-4390. Love Bonnie and Clare

Teri said...

Just checking in on ya. Glad you're doing ok. Love ya - Teri

Anonymous said...

hola heather! It's Thursday in Oaxaca and the sun is shining. I talked to Rosa (Pablo's mom) about you and we both decided that you and Rene need to visit and meet the family next year. It will be your turn. I showed her your photo and she showed me her scar where she had a tumor removed from her throat. So, hopefully next year at this time we can all go together. Hope you have a good week honey....and stay in touch with tu mama!