Monday, April 25, 2005

31) I see the light!!!

It's over! I've finished all my chemotherapy. My body is still tattered and torn from this war I've been fighting but the chemo is done.

I had a horrible night of sleep last night - dreaming kind of unspecifically about war. I'm sure it was me fighting my final battle to get my old self back. I woke up to a beautiful day so I guess I won. But there are still after affects - I haven't gone to the bathroom since Saturday, I've cut all my fingernails down to keep them from ripping off, and I'm more fatigued than ever. But I'm here! I'm alive and Bob is not! For now I'm just trying to work through these last few obstacles before the old, yet new and improved, me emerges.

Thank you so much to all of you for your love and support throughout my battle. I truly could not have done this with out all of you!

As a reminder to those who have not yet contributed...Mom & Holly are doing the Rock-n-Roll Marathon here in San Diego in June and are still in need of donations. Anything at all will help the cause of fighting Leukemia & Lymphoma! Click here to learn more!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, finishing chemo is a huge hurdle to get over. I hope you have a grand celebration planned.

Anonymous said...

you're almost there, feeling yourself again. I know it hasn't quite sunk in yet but YOU'VE WON THE BATTLE!!! This time, as you start to feel better you NEVER have to be hooked up to those bags again. That part is OVER!! Bask in the victory, you deserve it!
love,
mama

Stephanie said...

I am so happy for you! It is the greatest feeling in the world to have chemo behind you. Here's to the rest of your life without Bob.

Anonymous said...

Yea for you Heather! Now, you'll just build yourself back up to the young strong woman that you are.'Uncle'Bill told me he's coming down this weekend. You and Rene should have a good time with him...I know he's really looking forward to it. Have fun at the game.
Love you lots,
Aunt Joan

Anonymous said...

Heather,
YOU GO GIRL!!!...You've done good...better than good...fantastic...Now you can look back and realize how strong you really are, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I'm soooo proud of you, for your spirit, your resilience, and determination. As time goes by, you will look back and begin to see how truly courageous you have been and are...Now, you can enjoy every moment that is put before you newly. You have the opportunity to reinvent yourself once again... with Love, Marietta

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Heather!! I'm so happy for you!! I send you big, big hugs, girl! I'm at 8 down, 4 more to go, so I'm a ways behind you and don't yet know the joy you're experiencing right now --- but I have an idea!!!

I'm really just so, so happy for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, first of all, congratulations on finishing your last chemo and the great news that you are now cancer free! I had to catch up with all the postings over the last month since my computer went down -- no excuse really to send you a note of hope and encouragement. I am doing it now and I hope that you forgive me.
I am happy to have helped with the contributions to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and for supporting your mom and Holly to train for the Rock N' Roll Marathon on June 5 in San Diego.
What a great cause! I hope that I will see you at Holly's graduation party to give you a big hug. Until then. Love, Ute

Maureen McHugh said...

Heather! Give us another post! Tell Sarah and me what it's like to have it behind you!

(One chemo left for me!)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Heather! I'm very glad and relieved to hear that you're gonna be ok!

I moved to San Francisco this weekend, and while admiring the skyline this evening, I was reminded of you, so I just thought I'd check in...

Steve