Sunday, April 10, 2005

29) Coming out of chemoland...

With the news of Bob being gone, at least on a level that he doen't show on the PET/CT scans, this treatment seemed to be a little easier and a little harder all at the same time.

Thursday we went to see a dermatologit prior to chemo for these weird rashes I have all over. They ended up taking a punch biopsy and giving me stitches! Nice and comfy before chemo, huh? The chemo itself seemed to make me pretty nauseous so I slept through most of it. Then I slept in the car on the way home and then I got into bed at 3:30pm and slept straight through (except for the every few hour bathroom break) until 7:30am. It felt so good to sleep like that.

Friday I wasn't feeling too good all day but knew we had to go back in for my nuelasta shot and more hydration (they left my port all attached rather than repoking me). It was a struggle to get up there but once we were there it was okay. The hydration did make me feel better and by the time we left I had a craving for thai food. So we went to fill all my new prescriptions and eat a little thai - which totally hit the spot! We got home that night and I barely made it through a movie before I was crawling into bed around 9:00.

Yesterday I felt kind of useless all day. I wasn't much good for anything. Rene has been in mad "weekend warrior" mode trying to get our backyard party ready for the upcoming festivities this June. My mom & sister are doing the Rock & Roll Marathon here in San Diego to raise money for the Luekemia & Lymphoma Society. In fact any of you who haven't gotten their letter or email about it can link here to find out more and donate!!! Team in Training

I can't tell you all how grateful I am to have either met some of you through this illness or have kept you through this illness. This is truely the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and I couldn't have done it alone. My family and my true friends really do make life worth living! I love you all so much!

One more treatment left to go and then a break before radiation starts...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey - tried calling you again today but you must be resting. Noticed you now have an email option (it was a little confusing, thought we couldn't post anymore!). I think I know what you mean by a little easier AND a little harder this time. You seemed really worn out but yet your spirit seems somehow a little better. For me the relief is enormous that BOB is gone AND I'm still in hyper-waiting mode for this to be over. Hoping for a fast re-grouping this time and then we wind down to the final stretch. Tell René to calm down on the mega yard work - we'll all be so excited to be with you (& him of course) in June that the yard will naturally glow. At least that's what I'm telling myself for Holly's graduation party in May and my yard...:)
Love, mama

Unknown said...

HEATHER!!! I got your comment over on my blog congratulating me on my clean scan -- thank you so much! I'm SO EXCITED for you too!!!! What a relief, what a gift, what a reprieve, what an opportunity......I know the joy you felt when you got the news. We are so, so, so fortunate. Getting a clean scan at this point is a VERY positive prognostic indicator, so we should absolutely count ourselves among the lucky ones.

My 7th chemo sucked bigtime -- absolutely awful. And it's been awful afterwards also. But about that I've just got a big, "Oh WELL!" and a "Whatever" too. It's all good. Right?

Sending you squealy girlhugs, my friend. Good life and good living to us both!!!! Give that handsome Rene a big hug for me, ok? I know Lorraine is just so indescribably grateful, and so proud of me. But we couldn't have done it without them, could we?

Love, love, love....

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather P.
Nice reading your new posting...one more to go. I think about you a huge percentage of the time...I'm hoping each day that passes you feel stronger and that your body calms down from the chemo. Just one more of those! Anxious to hear about the dermatology report this week.
Stay strong and focused on the healing.
Love you honey....
Aunt Joan

Anonymous said...

Hi favorite neice
Your backward uncle finally figured out how to get here (with the help of aunt joan). Sooo glad to hear of test results I have been so worried. Have tried to call but understand that you are not up to returning calls. I miss talking to you. I am planning to be in San Diego at the end of the month. Love you.

Anonymous said...

hey heather-feather.....just wanted to say hi via blog even though we talk every day. I was able to walk (30 minutes) yesterday, hopefully ready to return to the training for the June marathon! My ankle and I are making agreements with each other and stay constantly in touch.

Wishing you a good day at work and hoping the bone pain starts to diminish - May you be happy, pain-free, and healthy today, tomorrow and always.

love you lots, mama