Saturday, March 05, 2005

23) This has been the hardest treatment!

Sorry to everyone whom I haven't returned phone calls to or emailed. This, by far, has been the hardest treatment.

I have been plagued with nauseau and constipation for over a week. I practically lived at my cancer center all week getting fluids and anti-nauseau cocktails. I don't know what I would do without the love and support of those nurses. Thank you so much to all of you: Annie, Theresa, AJ, Patty, and Rachael (hope you like the book). You all give me such strength when I don't have any left.

I missed work all week, which kills me! My damn work ethic is driving my guilt levels through the roof. In fact I left my car at work on Tuesday and haven't seen it since.

I'm finally feeling at least alive today, which is a huge improvement. But I'm still experiencing extreme cramping so I'm pretty house bound. I'm hoping by tomorrow I can at least go pick up my car at work.

I feel like I've lost my sense of humor about Bob, now I'm just mad! I will fight this! I cannot live like this forever. Bob will be dead by summer - end of discussion!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather: I was so relieved to hear you called Holly this morning. I knew you were having a rough time. I was so frustrated that I didn't have Rene's phone number (Holly is giving it to me later today) I know this is probably the hardest thing you will ever go through in your life. Just keep knowing that it WILL pass. I'm so glad you have such good nurses taking care of you during these rough times.
Love you honey...
Aunt Joan
Love you

Teri said...

It's ok, I forgive you only because I love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather,
Just know that we are thinking of you every day and praying for you. I'm mad at Bob now too! I hate what he is doing to my friend! Remember, I'm here if you need anything. (It will just take me 8 hours to get down to you :) )
We love you!!!
Lenny, Colleen, Connor and Baby Myrick