Friday, March 11, 2005

24) Chemo #5 has left the building!

5 down, 3 to go.

This one, so far, has not been too bad. I went in to get my nuelasta shot today and a big bag of hydration w/ a kick of ativan. I was able to actually eat lunch afterwards, too.

Tomorrow the bone pain should kick in and I think my period might be coming again. In the words of my faithful leader, Dr. Adler, "Neat." I guess it is good that my reproductive system is still functioning normally for babies and whatnot.

Mom & Aunt Joan are coming tomorrow to visit for a couple of days. My mom has been in Mexico for the past month, through my worst treatment. I have some issues about her even going in the first place, but if she had to go at all, why so long.

Everything happens for a reason though and in this regard not having my mother around helped bring Rene and I closer together. He is THE most amazing companion I could have ever ended up with. He loves me so unconditionally and he has really stepped up to the proverbial plate to take care of me in my most neediest of times. He has shown such amazing strength and courage through all of this and I am so thankful to him.

So I'm staying on top of the constipation so far. Lets hope and pray I can continue to be the master of my bowels throughout this next week. If I can stay ahead of this then maybe I can actually have a life next week instead of living in hell like last time.

5 comments:

Maureen McHugh said...

Hey Heather, let's hope this chemo behaves MUCH better than the last dose.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
So glad to hear that this treatment is going better than the last one. I hope you got a laugh out of your Bald, Bold, Bodacious Hair Loss Survival Kit. Maybe while your Mom is visiting you can use some of the props and post some photos!! Hoping you enjoy your time together.
Take Great care,
Sharon (A Given!)

Unknown said...

Hey, Heather! Hope the constipation thing is under control -- I'm thinkng I should buy stock in Senna and Dulcolax, as many of those as I pop! I also drink LOTS of fluid and eat heavy bran cereal, and these help.

Only 3 more to go, you lucky devil! I'm excited for you! At 5 in the bag, I still have 7 to go...but I'm going to St. Maarten for 9 days right after my 9th! Pretty freaking exciting.

I totally hear you on the love thing....isn't it amazing how incredible it is to have that unflagging support. Lorraine, too, has been just completely amazing. It's such a gift. I'm glad you have that in your Rene.

Take care, my friend. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather
This is your mama speaking.....time for a new update on your web site. Bad mommy has to go. So happy things are going better this time and that you & Rene are so intune with each other. You have a wonderful husband there and you guys have come a long way in a very short time! Wow, leave it to cancer to rivet you to new levels of what it means to be in relationship, and the fact that you guys are hanging in there, getting stronger and stronger shows the depth of your love. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Hey you, that is really great you made it all week, you are a stud. I hope your employer knows just how dedicated you are, with all your going thru and all. I pray for you every morning. Tell Rene YOU GO BOY!!! I bet it's harder than he thought running a house heh. He can do anything, I'm still here and willing to help anytime you guys ask. Your a beautiful person Heather, Keep the Faith.
God Bless, Love you major, Deedra