Monday, May 16, 2005

R.I.P.


Today we said goodbye to a member of our family, Jack The Dog.
Just before all of this Hodgkins stuff came into our lives we brought home the most incredible animal. We found him at the San Diego Humane Society just waiting for us to take him home. They told us that Jack had been through a tough life. When he came to the shelter he was severely depressed and had a lot of medical issues. While the shelter brought him back to health, they discovered that along with his mistreatment he had BB's inside him evidently from being shot. Jack had a hard life before we met him, but the moment we did he was instantly in our hearts. Jack loved our home, defended his little sister at the beach from larger dogs, and was in love with our cat Sophia. On occasion, they would get friendly and she would give him a little peck. He was a true San Diegan, he love laying out in the sun taking in the rays, and going to the beach. When Jack first came to our home he rarely smiled, but after a little time and a lot of love, Jack wore a smile from ear to ear. He had a knack for always being right in the way of where you were going, or plopping down right in the middle of the room for a nap. Though our time with Jack was brief, he showed compassion to our situation and was always quick to give the love we so cherish from him. Jack was the best dog anyone could ask for. He will always have a place in our hearts. So long Jack...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Jack may have been in your lives briefly but he can rest in doggie heaven knowing he bought healing into your household at a time when you needed it most. I think he represents how love can heal the soul. Jack's beaten down soul was healed in your house and he seemed to become happier and happier as you came closer and closer to the end of your treatment. And Rene, you got to actually see, feel, and know the power of loving and nurturing. The same love that healed Jack has helped, I think, so much more than you'll ever know, to heal Heather. So, I say farewell to Jack, and I'm so happy he was able to die knowing he was wanted and loved and that if I was to say anything to him it would be "good boy, job well done!" And I can imagine Jack saying "so long mom, so long dad, I'm going to plop myself down now in the middle of heaven's door & take a little snooze"

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about sweet Jack. I know he's chillin' with Buddy and Shadow in Doggie Heaven. Perhaps they're even trying to bum scraps off my mom and dad.

PS.. See you tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather:
I'm really looking forward to seeing you at Holly's graduation. It's such a great event for her...she's worked so hard. I'm so proud of both of you for your own personal victories. I know you are getting stronger and stronger every day, despite the radiation. It will be over with before you know it.
I'm so sorry to hear about Jack after he was doing so well. I guess he figured he had accomplished his work here on earth with you and Rene. I'm sure he's happily snoozing up in doggie heaven with the rest of his buddies.
Hello and hugs to Rene.
Love you bunches,
Aunt Joan
Love you lots,
Aunt Joan

Anonymous said...

hey heather & rene......I think it's time for an update. Countdown to the end of radiation etc. It was so good to see you guys this weekend for Holly's graduation. Heather, you look so good with your little fuzz coming back!!!
love,
mama